Helpful
Replies

WAP 581 how configure DHCP to clients

Hello guys

I have two vlans configured: Manage and access. How do I configure
DHCP service for the access vlan?

3 Replies 3

The users are IPADDRESS APIPA. Why?

I have is guide,  but when I configure the DHCP in the LAN step as the manual shows LAN DHCP Auto Configuration Settings, I don't access the manager WAP581 and the client couldn't connect on the SSID I created on the WAP581.

DHCP Auto Configuration Settings

• DHCP Auto Configuration Options— This option is enabled by default. When AP comes up with factory defaults, it first tries to auto configure using DHCP options.

During Auto Configuration:

• AP boots up with only Ethernet interface enabled and WLAN interfaces down.

• No services are available to User (except User Interfaces).

• DHCP Auto Configuration Options is disabled automatically after Wait Interval or TFTP upload of Configuration file whichever is earlier.

• Disabling the DHCP client (i.e., configure use a static IP address) or disabling DHCP Auto Configuration Options immediately aborts Auto configuration.

DHCP client automatically broadcasts requests for DHCP options 66 and 67. If DHCP and DHCP Auto Configuration Options are enabled, Access Point is Auto configured during next reboot considering the information received from DHCP Server for DHCP requests.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card