Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 7.0.164.0 - solid.exe crash

gabsfedor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

last week my WCS services stopped after the program solid.exe crashed. Looking at the WCS log file and the windows event log I see that the crash came after the daily cleanup of the database was finished, then solid.exe crashed, then a bunch of java exception show up related to solid.exe. After a reboot of the server I was able to get the WCS running again and there haven't been any problems since. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way of keeping it from happening again?. Thanks and regards,

Gabriel.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gabriel,

We need to get intouch with the Developemnt team on this.. So the best action plan is to open up a TAC case with up.. Just heard few days back that we do hav a fix for this..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Here is the bug which we may be hitting..

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtf23192

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtl57406

Conatct Cisco TAC for further assistance..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Yes that does seem to be the bug that I hit. In the bug description you posted for WCS version 7 it says that the problem is fixed on version 7.0.171.68, do you know if that version has a release date set already?, the last one that is available for download is 7.0.164.3. Regards,

Gabriel.

Hi Gabriel,

We need to get intouch with the Developemnt team on this.. So the best action plan is to open up a TAC case with up.. Just heard few days back that we do hav a fix for this..

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

OK, I will open a TAC case for it. Thanks for your help. Regards

Gabriel.

Hi,

is there any update with this issue?

I`m experiencing same problem with solid.exe. and WVS version 7.0.172.0

Every two days WCS hang-up with solid.exe problem in event viewer

thanx

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card