Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 7.0 time zone problem

gabsfedor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've recently installed WCS 7.0 on a windows 2003 server and set the time zone on windows to be my local time, UYST which is GMT -2, but when I check on the WCS all times are on GMT not on UYST. Now if I change the time zone on windows to brazil, all times are shown correctly on WCS as BRST, so I know that WCS can display timezones other than GMT, it just doesn't seem to like UYST for some reason. Is there a way to define that time zone on the WCS application or at least check which timezones are supported?.     

Regards,

Gabriel

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I tried on my lab ACS to set the timezone to GMT-2 (Mid-atlantic). and it reflected in WCS (you need to stop and start WCS to take effect).

However, I think that the timezone you mention is GMT-3 but becomes GMT-2 in summer time which can hardly be tested since we're in winter time.

But it doesn't seem that ACS has trouble with timezones to me...

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Thanks for your reply Nicolas, I tried configuring the GMT -2 mid-atlantic timezone and as you said it shows correctly on WCS as GST. But if I try with for example GMT -3 Buenos Aires time zone or GMT -2 Montevideo time zone, all times are shown on WCS as GMT. As you said is not that there's a problem with the time zones on WCS is just that it doesn't recognizes some of them, that's why I was wondering if there was a way to manually add them or request them to be added on a patch.

Regards,

Gabriel Silva.

Those timezones also work fine for me.

How do you check the time ? I go on the report launch pad, and when you try to create a new report, the WCS will show for example " Current Server Time: 12/09/2010 05:26:37 BRST"

It might be due to a local problem on your windows.

I'd suggest either trying another machine or opening a TAC case to dig in the logs.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

I check the time the same way by going to the report launch pad. Thanks for your help, I'll try with the TAC and see what they can find.

Regards,

Gabriel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card