cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Alarms - MFP Anomaly Detection Invalid MIC

felixjai
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having hundreds of alarms showing up on my WCS. I'd like to know if anyone knows what these are. And any way to fix it.

MFP Anomaly Detected - 136 'Invalid MIC' violation(s) have originated from the AP with BSS '11:11:11:11:11:11'. This was detected by the radio with Slot ID '0' of the AP with MAC '22:22:22:22:22:22' when observing 'Beacon' frames.

Help

MFP Anomaly Detected - 136 'Invalid MIC' violation(s) have originated from the AP with BSS '11:11:11:11:11:11'. This was detected by the radio with Slot ID '0' of the AP with MAC '22:22:22:22:22:22' when observing 'Beacon' frames.

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

This notification is sent by the agent when the MFP configuration of the WLAN was violated by the radio interface cLApIfSmtDot11Bssid and detected by the radio interface cLApDot11IfSlotId of the access point cLApSysMacAddress. This violation is indicated by cLMfpEventType.

When observing the management frame(s) given by cLMfpEventFrames for the last cLMfpEventPeriod time units, the controller reports the occurrence of a total of cLMfpEventTotal violation events of type cLMfpEventType. When the cLMfpEventTotal is 0, no further anomalies have recently been detected, and the NMS should clear any alarm raised about the MFP errors.

Note This notification is generated by the controller only if MFP was configured as the protection mechanism through cLMfpProtectType.

Janaka Wellege
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fel,

Here is the error message I got:

Quote:

MFP Anomaly Detected - 11,688 'No MIC' violation(s) have originated
from the AP with BSS '64:d8:14:b0:ba:e2'. This was detected by the
radio with Slot ID '0' of the AP with MAC '64:d8:14:b0:ba:e0' when
observing 'Association Response' frames.
Unquote:
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card