cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS / Antennae Positioning Question

Carl Harbeck
Level 1
Level 1

So we're setting up our WCS and I am not sure how to set the orientation for the  antennae shown below.

I guess my first question would be to ask what  the significance of the arrow (left side of the picture below) is? If you see the picture of the antennae on the right (with the 0 degree/up arrow) we have our AP mounted with the Cisco logo facing the floor. That said, question number two would be to see if someone can confirm the value I have set on the left..

It seems  to make more sense with the directional antennae, but for the omni's we are  slightly confused with the results shown on the floor plan vs degrees set.

untitled.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

facing the floor = 90 down.

To confirm this, you can see that 1130 have by default 90 down of elevation and they are meant to be on the ceiling facing the floor.

It's less impacting with an omni but the elevation still has an importance. The omni doesn't have a sphere shape but a kind of oval/egg shape so the elevation will match that. It's the azimuth of the omni which has zero importance at all since that plane is completely round from a coverage pattern.

Regards

Nicolas

===

don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

facing the floor = 90 down.

To confirm this, you can see that 1130 have by default 90 down of elevation and they are meant to be on the ceiling facing the floor.

It's less impacting with an omni but the elevation still has an importance. The omni doesn't have a sphere shape but a kind of oval/egg shape so the elevation will match that. It's the azimuth of the omni which has zero importance at all since that plane is completely round from a coverage pattern.

Regards

Nicolas

===

don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Thanks, Nicolas.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card