cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS error adding 2nd WLC for management

Ronald Nutter
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add a 2nd WLC to our WCS server.  When I try to add a 2nd 5500 to our WCS, I get the following error -

Failed to add device to WCS Reason: SNMP operation to Device failed: Table too large, possible agent loop

I dont think it is a WCS problem because I can take a 4400 that we have and get it to add to the controller.  This problem was present before we upgraded to the 7.x code because of our implementing CleanAir.  Dont think it is a licensing problem either since I can add a 4400 controller without a problem.

I previously had a TAC case open but they werent able to identify the problem.  Things have now come around again to where I need to get this working.

Suggestions ?

Ron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

try this:

delete any HREAP-group on the WLC

after that - it should be work

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ron,

if the problem is easily reproducible, TAC should not say that they don't find where the problem comes from. If it's 100% reproducible, things can be done. Can you give the SR id ?

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Enable debugging (Administration -> Logging > Set the message level to trace > Remove the checkbox next to "Navigator", "Reports" and "Mobility services engine".> Save.

Try to add the WLC.

After you get the error message, download the logs and attach them.

Also, what version of WCS and WLC are you working on?

Hello,

I have the same problem:

Failed to add device to WCS Reason: SNMP operation to Device failed: Table too large, possible agent loop

WCS

Version6.0.196.0

and Controller 5508

Version: 6.0.199.4

Hi,

try this:

delete any HREAP-group on the WLC

after that - it should be work

YES.

Deleting HREAP Groups on the WLC solved the issue and i was able to add WLC5508 v7.0.98 to WCS.

Brrr!

Thanks, MAN!

Thanks for the info.  With the departure of the department manager and supervisor, I am just now getting time to look at this again.

This did fix the problem for me.

Now onto my next task which is to get WCS to automatically mirror the config of the Primary WLC to the backup.

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Here is the bug that we are hitting!!

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtn21868

The Developement team is woring on the Fix, However the workaround is t oremove the HREAP groups and then re adding the WLC!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card