cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Lobby Ambassador - way to have default settings for anyone in group?

brian.kachel
Level 4
Level 4

I am using WCS 6.0.132 and desire the ability to have select users in my enterprise designated as LobbyAdmins.

I have configured appropriate Tacacs settings and group permissions for those users, but this allows those users to select any/all configurable items pertaining to a lobby ambassador. The workaround I've found is to create a duplicate username of the user (who is authenticated by Tacacs) on the WCS and place them in the lobby ambassador group, and then go to the lobby ambassador defaults tab where I can select a controller list and default timeout period; however you can imagine this being quite burdensome on management of the users for a very large enterprise.

Is there a way to set WCS to say ALL lobbyadmin's or all users in any select group have these specific lobby ambassador defaults ? (rather than having to create local wcs accounts for each one?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amitaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Understand the concern. But as of today today we do not support this on WCS. Hence, as rightly mentioned, duplicating the Lobby user on WCS with defaults set for it is the way to go about it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

amitaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Understand the concern. But as of today today we do not support this on WCS. Hence, as rightly mentioned, duplicating the Lobby user on WCS with defaults set for it is the way to go about it.

Does someone know if WCS 7.0.172.0 will support default settings for lobby ambassadors when using Tacacs settings and group permissions for those users?

No we do not have it in 7.0.172.0.

The feature enhancement has to come through proper channel and we havn't got a request for this one yet.

What is the proper channel for this request?  It's very hokey to perform double work and double account created for a security driven system.

Have you heard anything back on how this request went? I am looking for the exact same feature and would like to avoid creating user accounts on WCS to apply a template.

Yeah... we're moving our guest lobby ambassador roles to ISE.  Should only cost you about 200k.

Its supported there..

Not in WCS.

I recieved crickets.

We're looking at ISE as well to address this.  Not exactly a bargain, but a necessary evil.  There is a developer website for the WCS API, but I can't figure out how to get access to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: