cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS not graphing CleanAir Interferers

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I have WCS managing 4 controllers.  1 of which has clean air enabled.  WCS gives air quality reports just fine, but it gives me no information on the Device Interferers or the Interferer count.  I can go to the controller, go to monitor>cleanair and look at the APs that find interferers and then graph the data to show bluetooth, microwaves, continuous transmitters etc, but why is this info not seen in WCS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From WCS config guide :

"

te

The  information in the worst interferer and interferer count charts is  collected from Mobility Services Engines (MSE). If MSEs are not  available, this chart will not show any results."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/wst.html#wp1168776

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need a PLUS license on WCS and you also need a synchronized MSE for WCS to display the interferers because they will be merged by the MSE.

I have the Plus location license, what I don't have is the MSE.  So you are saying I need to have the MSE for it to graph the interferers data.  I am not trying to to see them on the map, but on the clean air tab, there are various graphs.  I figured that the interferes graph would just show a grapch of the types of interferers like Microwaves and bluetooth devices, like the WLC does.  Is this not the case?

From WCS config guide :

"

te

The  information in the worst interferer and interferer count charts is  collected from Mobility Services Engines (MSE). If MSEs are not  available, this chart will not show any results."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/wst.html#wp1168776

Awesome, that is what I was looking for.

Thanks.

Thanks Nicolas for information on mobility service engine (MSE).

Vinay Sharma

COmmunity Manager - Wireless

Thanks & Regards

Hi,

one needs for the Air Quality graph in the WCS also a Mobility Services Engine appliance?

These values ​​are in my WCS 7.0.172.0 PLUS will not also be shown.

Thanks an regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card