cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Auth - banner text truncated

JohnCKirk
Level 1
Level 1

I've noticed some odd behaviour for web auth ("global" parameter map). This applies on IOS XE 17.9.3 and 17.9.4a, and possibly on other versions too.

If I use the web GUI to define the banner text as "Welcome", then save my changes, this gets truncated to "Wel" when I go back into the edit screen. Similarly, "Welc" will also be truncated to "Wel". However, "Hello World" doesn't get truncated, and nor does "Wello", so that suggests that it's specific to this character sequence rather than being a length limitation.

Banner text = WelcomeBanner text = WelcomeBanner text = WelBanner text = Wel

If I use the CLI, this problem doesn't occur. E.g.

conf t
parameter-map type webauth global
 banner text $Welcome$

So, I'm using that as a workaround, but I have to repeat it after changing any other settings in the web GUI (e.g. selecting a new trustpoint).

This isn't a big deal, just a minor inconvenience. However, I can't see it listed as a known bug, so I'm curious about whether this also affects other people.

(I know that the obvious suggestion is to raise a support case through TAC, but this WLC isn't covered by a service contract at the moment.)

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As you are pointing out : a GUI restriction/bug  (sometimes happens)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I don't see any bug for that specific problem - only see these:
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwc98121
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwc83050
Both fixed in 17.12.1a so maybe try that version just in case they also fixed your issue.
Otherwise TAC case is your only option to get a bug opened for it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card