cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web authentication on WLC fails to redirect when we enter URL i browser

gblomqvist
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a customer of mine. We have deployed two new WLC5508 running r7.0.116.0 and AP1142s, also WCS with r7.0.172. When we setup a "Guest Access" we ran into trouble .....

The problem is that we can associate to the SSID/AP and get an ip-adress. When we open the web-browser we do not get redirected to the virtual interface but instead the _hostname_ of the WLC. Like this:

https://cisco6a19c4/login.html?redirect=nyttintranet.sem10.se/

I we manually replace "cisco6a19c4" with 1.1.1.1 it works as it should, the login page appears, we login and can access the internet.We have tested and disabled web-auth on the ssid an everything works, we can directly go out on the internet, DNS works without any problems.

A little more info:

2x WLC5508 runnnig r7.0.116.0 and APs are 1142

WLCs connected to Cat4503 via LAG

Guest network (VLAN) is transfered from WLC via the trunk to the Cat4503 and then connected on a access-port to a separate broadband-router, then to the inetrnet.

DHCP to guest-users from separate broadband-router which is def gwy and "DNS".

On the virtual interfaces no hostname is configured.

ANY ideas??!?!?!???

Best Regards

Göran Blomqvist

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to be sure - have you verified that on both controllers?

Have you tested with different clients?

regards

Stefan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

stefan.angerer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

please check at controller - interfaces - virtual interface if you have configured a DNS name.

If yes all webauth requests are forwarded to this host name, if you leave it blank the controller uses the IP instead.

regards

Stefan

No, nothing configured here. Forgot to mention that , sorry...  I have adjusted my original post.

Regards

Göran

Just to be sure - have you verified that on both controllers?

Have you tested with different clients?

regards

Stefan

Ooop....  waddyaknow....  As it turned out, one of the WLC _did have_ a name configured under the virtual interface, of course it was NOT the one that "our" AP was associated with....

That has now been corrected and the guest access is working as intended......

(Oh, yes we tried  with 3 PCs and 2 smartphones when we discovered the 'malfunction'....)

Thanx for the mental push Stefan!!

Regards

Göran

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may want to check your dns server to make sure there isn't an A record pointing funny

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Nothing 'funny' here.... worked without web-auth.

See above for answer ....  :-/

Regards

Göran

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card