cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why doesnt the web gui on a Cisco 5508 WLC work in Chrome?

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

Have a Cisco 5508 WLC running 8.3.150.0.  If I try to visit it in Google Chrome its just a white page with some text saying:

401 Unauthorized<script language="javascript">var agt=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();if (agt.indexOf("msie") != -1) {document.execCommand("ClearAuthenticationCache");top.location = "/";}</script>

If I visit it in Firefox then I'm prompted for credentials, I can enter them and get in.

Whats with the hate for Chrome?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco point of view this more issue with Chrome

look at the bug :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvp80151/?rfs=iqvred

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

We upgraded to the latest release Cisco TAC recommends for our 5508 WLC and fleet of 3500 and 3800 LAPs.  Version 8.5.171.0.  You still can't log in with Chrome.  I can't believe it's been broken for so long and Cisco is so lazy they don't want to fix it.

That's alright though because the 5508 WLC is going to be the end of life soon and when we plan to refresh, we're not locking ourselves into Cisco.  Already got out of the switching game and moved to Extreme Networks and Arista.  Email filtering has been switched, Web filtering and Firewall is being built on Palo Alto's now, so the last thing left of this Cisco cancer we have is this WLC and a few 2900 series routers that are easily replaced.

Using it since years with Chrome, although now 5520 and 8.10.x.x. 

Do you have the same problems when opening the page in an incognito window?

i am also facing the same problem, Controller 5508 running version 8.5.161.0 and AP3802I. do you have any solution to make chrome browser open authentication page?

Do you mean the administration page or the guest login one?
If guest login, what IP address do you use for it?

i found the problem and solved it. I do as following solution

Solution
Workaround for Internal Web-Auth (WLC’s internal web login page)
Option 1
Disable WebAuth SecureWeb on the WLC. Since the issue is caused by the certificate validation to create the HTTPS security mechanism, use HTTP to skip the certificate validation and allow clients to render the captive portal.

In order to disable WebAuth SecureWeb on the WLC you can run the command:

config network web-auth secureweb disable
Note: You must reboot the WLC for the change to take effect.

Đông
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card