Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why is it showing unknown ?

We have 2504 wlc configured with 10 AP (3700/3600).

Issue is that internet is disconnect again and again even signal strength is full. When I checked using inSSIDer office tool I found out Unknown Keyword in 802.11 section(You can see in Image).

Please help me. what is the issue?

9 Replies 9

What is the software code running on your 2504 ?

Software Version 7.6.110.0
Field Recovery Image Version
System Name Cisco_2504
Up Time 35 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes
System Time
Redundancy Mode
Internal Temperature
802.11a Network State
802.11b/g Network State
Local Mobility Group
CPU(s) Usage
Individual CPU Usage 0%/0%, 1%/1%

There are issues with v7.6.100.0, v7.6.110.0 and v7.6.120.0 with Apple devices and some Broadcom NIC cards.  If you stay with v7.6, then upgrade to v7.6.130.0.  v8.0.115.0 is the latest v8.0.x, but its still new and I would wait for MR2 or an MR3 version, that's just me though:)

Make sure that your client drivers are up to date especially if they have the Intel 62xx or the new Intel AC 72xx as they will have connectivity issues.  What you will see is high ping times and lost of layer 2 connectivity to the gateway.  Test with different devices to see if one works better than the other as that will give you a good starting point on where to start troubleshooting.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please upgrade your WLC to the latest version software code. This will resolve your issue.

Thank you Abhishek

Hi,

Please suggest me which channel will be better selection. (see the image)

thank you..

Abhishek,

Why would you suggest upgrading when you don't even know what code they are on?  Upgrading isn't the answer at all if you are on a stable version already!  If your suggesting to upgrade, please specify what code they need to upgrade to.

This is why Leo get's all hot and bothered!!!!

:)

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

See the reply in the complete post. Lokesh has replied with the software version running and through that i came to know about the software version-

Software Version 7.6.110.0
Field Recovery Image Version
System Name Cisco_2504
Up Time 35 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes
System Time
Redundancy Mode
Internal Temperature
802.11a Network State
802.11b/g Network State
Local Mobility Group
CPU(s) Usage
Individual CPU Usage 0%/0%, 1%/1%