Views
Helpful
Replies

WiFi Advance Monitoring

rajmohan30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please clarify the points and help me to understand the following. I am planning to add few more WiFi monitoring in place and looking for your suggestion on this item. Thank you..

1)CleanAir Sensor down:- Can someone explain me what is the impact when this is down ? Is it  degrade the air quality and impact WiFi performance for both radio ?

2) The AP draws low power from Ethernet:- What is the impact of the alert and is it worth enabling alert for this message ?

3)AP has not joined the AP Group:- Is there a way to monitor the AP's which are not part of the AP group? Sometime we have seen that probably after a reload the AP did not join the AP group, is it possible to identify them with the monitoring ? We have Cisco Prime 3.7

We already have the following in the monitoring from WiFi perspective and would like to enhance and try to have advance monitoring before move on to DNA assurance (may be in future). Can you please suggest me any other important things can be added or any useful document can be referenced ?

WLC - up/down, port up/down, reboot, failover, SSO status, CPU/memory

AP- up/down, Registration status, 

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@rajmohan30 wrote:

CleanAir Sensor down

One of two CleanAir sensor has "crashed".  Easy enough fix, turn the radio off and on again should fix it.  If it still does not resolve it, then reboot the AP. 

@rajmohan30 wrote:

The AP draws low power from Ethernet

If the AP is drawing low power then it will impact the performance of the radio.  

@rajmohan30 wrote:

AP has not joined the AP Group

Depends on how the WLC is configured.  If there are no WLAN IDs from 1 to 16, then this alarm will warn me that the AP will not be broadcasting any SSID.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.. Would you help me to understand what is the impact to WiFi Clients when CleanAir Sensor down ?

Also, let me know if any "good to have WiFi monitoring" except the below which are already exists wrto WLC/AP ?

We already have the following in the monitoring from WiFi perspective and would like to enhance and try to have advance monitoring before move on to DNA assurance (may be in future). Can you please suggest me any other important things can be added or any useful document can be referenced ?

WLC - up/down, port up/down, reboot, failover, SSO status, CPU/memory

AP- up/down, Registration status

Thanks again..

@rajmohan30 wrote:

Would you help me to understand what is the impact to WiFi Clients when CleanAir Sensor down ?

When the CleanAir sensor is down, it cannot detect co-channel interference.  
Without this tool to "self-heal", users will have to tolerate transmission when co-channel interference is present or high in an area.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the details provided. Let me try to enable monitoring for this.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card