Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiFi Clients Unstables

Dear

We have problems in my wifi, I have WLC 2504 and 5 APs, however clients are experimenting flapping in the conexion, I verified with a client, and this one is jumping from one AP to other one, also I have some debug, you can see that in the attachment.

Thanks for your help.

10 Replies 10

Milos Megis
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have enabled client load balancing ?

Menu: WLAN --> Choose your WLAN --> Advanced --> Client load balancing

If it is enabled then try to disable it

Dear Milos

Client load balancing and band select are disabled.

Then I don´t know what can cause this,

but if you have AP with cleanAir chip, you can switch it into SE expert mode and perform some spectrum analyzes, if it is congested by some external device - microwave oven, or IP camera can also take whole channel.

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what NIC and driver version are the clients using?

Keep in mind that windows update does not update the wireless drivers.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Dear Stephen,

There is a MIX of clients, Lenovo, Dell and HP, but everyone has same problem.

Regards

Mario

But what is the wireless NIC. Is there a common chipset?

Intel, Broadcom etc

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Steve

The most common chipset is Intel.  What is your recomendation whit it?

my recommendation would be to grab the latest drivers, and build an MSI package that you can push to your clients with a GPO, and install the latest drivers.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Drivers were updated, but still the same problem. What about debug logs??  Do you know if is a correct behavior?

Dear all 

pls comments about debug attached, also i would like share that there is a mix of APs 1242AG and 1602E, i dont know if exists a know problem about that.  Pls thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: