Views
Helpful
Replies
Andrey128
Beginner

wifi disconnections of user account from another country

Hi,

here is typical for big company design and case:

user from EMEA country (with active directory account in EMEA country) traveled to APAC country and experienced wifi disconnections. On site access point 1702i with WLC 5520 are being used, RSSI and SNR are perfect. Other users do not experience such disconnections.

My idea is that problem in delays and losses of authentication packets: authentication is sent by WAN from the WLC to radius server (located in another APAC country), then this radius server queries active directory in EMEA for user and computer account.

How to debug this problem?

Will radius server be able to provide proof for the mentioned root case ? (unfortunately I don't have access to radius)
Or other third-party tools to investigate that these authentications are successful ?

3 REPLIES 3
Leo Laohoo
VIP Community Legend

@Andrey128 wrote:

How to debug this problem?

Can the user try and compare using a different wireless client? 

How about connecting using a personal phone, for example, in the "home country" and then see if the same issue appears in remote location(s).

unfortunately, per design, mentioned SSID is for "Office" and authentication is done per certificate from active directory when related computer joined to domain, so test with phone will not be possible (for phones there is another SSID with different infrastructure on the backend )

patoberli
VIP Advisor

Have a look here, you maybe need to adjust some timers if the latency is very high:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/eap-timers-on-wireless-lan-controllers/ta-p/3122477

Content for Community-Ad