cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will the virtual Wireless Lan Controller run on Nutanix?

matthew.gates
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I see the installation guide has very clear instructions for generic KVM and ESX environments. Is it worth while adapting these instructions to install on Nutanix, or will it not work?

Many thanks ion advance.

10 Replies 10

worth give it a try & see

Rasika

The situation is such that I'd need to build a test nutanix environment as a PoC if it does - so it's not quite as trivial as it sounds :)

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not 100% sure but will need to ensure all the latency requirements from vWLC to APs are meet.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It will probably work, at least partially, but you will probably not get any support from TAC if there are issues.

Cisco should not care what hypervisor the customer wants to run, as long as the appliance runs. This is lack of QA and relationships on Cisco’s side.

Vendors very widely, particularly in how they handle things like VLAN tag
passthrough etc. Broader support would be nice, however.

mludwig89
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever end up doing this? I would be interested if you did. 

I did reach out to others that have this working, but AHV is not supported by Cisco as far as I know.

Did they have a specific method they got this working through?

The problem here would be more of support once you get it working. It’s like all other virtual machines from various vendors, you can get them up and running, but if you have them in production and something breaks, you would not get support if not ran on a supported hypervisor. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: