cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP PEAP authentication question

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

This is a EAP MSCHAPv2 properties configuration: automatically use my windows logon name and password(and domain if any). Has anyone implemented this in the production? I tried this option with no luck. It looks like when enable it, windows sends "domain/username" as the username for authentication, and I could not find a way to strip the domain or host name from that. So authentation failed. Thanks for any comments.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What are you using to authenticate your clients?

MS has a webpage that details setting up PEAP/MSCHAP with just MS stuff - IAS etc....

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/cryptographyetc/peap_0.mspx

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

b1llydkid
Level 1
Level 1

you can use realms to strip off the "@domain.com" with a stand alone radius server. You should see if you can do this in your implementation.

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I am using PEAP/MSChapV2 to authenticate clients. When I enabled "automatically use my windows logon name and password(and domain if any)", after client log in with username "aaa" and domain name "abc", the WLC controller sends "abc\aaa" as username to ACS server for authentication. I can see the radius request packets at ACS server, but ACS server just silently ignore it without doing anything. There is no "accept" or "rejuct" responce with this request and no "passed" or "failed" records about this request in radius accounting activities. WLC always got timeout error. Any idea about this?

Thanks

See this guide (figure 9 in particular)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_technical_reference_chapter09186a008025d6ee.html

Have you set the correct settings here?

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Everything is configured ok. I will open a case with TAC and will post the solution here later. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card