Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 3800E APs with External Antenna need to connect with Extended Cable

Mohammad-
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team, Please help!

I need to connect AP3800E external antenna AP with extended cable of 2 meters.

can i use below part for above:

AIR-AP3802E-E-K9--AIR-ANT2535SDW-R 

with cable  AIR-CAB005LL-R-N=  (5-ft low-loss cable, one RP-TNC plug, one 90-degree N male connector)

7 Replies 7

Mohammad-
Level 1
Level 1

Any help to for Indoor access point with external Antenna need to connect with extendable cables?

Mohammad-
Level 1
Level 1

Any help to for Indoor access point with external Antenna need to connect with extendable cables??

@Scott Fella Thanks Mate for your response!

1 option --I  am planning to use AIR-AP3802E-E-K9 with AIR-ANT2535SDW-R (which cable should i use for antenna extension) are Antenna extension with cable possible?

2 -- I am planning to use AIR-AP1562E-E-K9 with AIR-ANT2547VG-N (with cable) AIR-CAB002L240-N=

3--Is there any other options available?

Planning to use with 3504 WLC

It doesn’t matter what controller, you just need to use the appropriate antenna for the model ap you have.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Again, when you want to use an external antenna that is not attached to the ap itself, you need to find a single antenna that has the appropriate number of cable leads. You don’t want to extend dipole antennas as that will cause you issues.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card