cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 5508 controller - Guest Wlan time of day restrictions ?

dclee
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to add time of day restrictions to our Guest WLAN that is currently in its pilot phase.

Is there a way to config time of day access to a WLAN ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dave,

There is nothing in the controller that allows you to do this... However you can achive this in a few manners..

1) Time ACL on the vlan. But your guest ssid will still be shown.

2) If you have WCS you can schedule a WLAN enable/disable with a template. This is what some of my customers use. They will create a template that triggers at 6pm to disable the wlan and at 7am enable the wlan.

I hope this helps.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the WLC directly, there is not currentlya method to do so.  IF you are authenticating your guest users via AD/ACS/ISE, then you can set a day/night restriction on the user account there.

HTH,
Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the quesiton as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dave,

There is nothing in the controller that allows you to do this... However you can achive this in a few manners..

1) Time ACL on the vlan. But your guest ssid will still be shown.

2) If you have WCS you can schedule a WLAN enable/disable with a template. This is what some of my customers use. They will create a template that triggers at 6pm to disable the wlan and at 7am enable the wlan.

I hope this helps.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George, I installed WCS and configured the template. Seems to work just fine.

Much appreciated.

Dave

No worries... There is always a way around everything. If you wouldn't mind, can you mark this as answered ?

Thanks

How is this Template created?  Can it be created on a recurring schedule? I can't seem to find the solution

Thanks!

-Craig

Hi Craig,

Welcome to CSC.

You can find this in the WCS guide under manage wlan status schedules

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/ctrlcfg.html#wp1081605

I hope this helps

Thanks George.  I've figured it out!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card