Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Access point 9120 AXI Coverage issue

Hi,

I have deployed 9800 WL controller and connected the access point is 9120 AXI, the access points are installed top of the ceiling, and All users are sitting nearby access point,

The problem is users are facing disconnection issues and Microsoft teams video call issue, I have gone through that connected clients in controller , some of the clients  signal strength dbi is more than 75 dbi.our customer have old access point have good coverage. users have no issues with. but the new access point 9120 AXI most of the users having the signal coverage issues.

19 Replies 19

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this only issue with teams ? how about wired network same time ? is this for all users ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi, I have deployed 9800 AXI wireless controller, which is configured as a local switching with flex connect.

now custromer is reporting the issue is microsoft teams call.

while they are using microsoft teams call with video/screenshare they is some delay.

while using mictrosoft teams and tested the ping to microsoft teams public ip there is round trip delay in more than 130 ms.

as per the microsoft documentation the max round trip delay is 100ms.

how we can solve this issue.

130ms to teams  on wireless and wire you mention 50MS, where the latency adding, what point ?

how about latency to gateway ?

check in the path where this causing issue ? switch ports, 

BB

latency to gateway is less than 15 ms

wherein the path its adding latency ? how about the switch port where WLC connected or AP is connected? what is port-utilisation, port errors ?

BB

over wired have no issues. in wired round trip delay is max 50ms but wireless some times coming more than 130ms. that time users are facing issues  in teams.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Raise a TAC Case. 

This is a known issue with COS and MS Teams.  

Hello Leo. i ahve opend the tac case, so far no solutions from TAC.i ahve deep ananlysed the issue even internet also gaving delay some times 3000 ms delay.

@balaji.bandi wrote:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa31596

Yeah, this is the one.  I tried searching for "MS Teams" in my emails and never came up but this is the one.

Is there a bug associated with this? Is it only with the 9120 or with any 9K? Certain software versions?

New APs not working with Teams is a massive issue.

I am trying to find the Bug ID regarding this. 

Hello, am using WLC 9800 version is 17.3.4C and AP 9120 AXI version is 17.3.4.40. can you please check is there any bug in this version.

The only way is to raise a TAC Case and get them to verify. 

Information in Bug IDs are usually inaccurate and vague.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card