cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless and Wired Network enforce user authentication with ACS after computer authentication

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi my name is Ivan, i have an issue of control access in the wired and wireless network

Is possible to enforce computer authentication + user authentication with the ACS 5.3 after the computer authentication?

I have a network 802.1x eap peap to authenticate user and computer in the wired and wireless network.

The ACS has two policies to authenticate computers and users. We have 3 cases:

Case 1

When the user configures 802.1X SSID parameter specifying user or computer authentication, ACS successfully validated the computer and the user's account. This works very well

Case 2

When the user configures 802.1X SSID parameter specifying single user authentication, the ACS validates the computer prior to and after the user credential. This works fine.

Case 3

But when the user configures the SSID 802.1X parameters, specifying the computer authentication, ACS successfully validated only the computer, not the user account. When the computer was authenticated, the computer access to internet.

Need in the third case, the ACS validates both the computer and the user, when the user specifies the computer authentication and after the authentication of the computer

The case 1 and 2 works very good in the wireless and wired network.

Is possible to do it in the ACS?-

1 Reply 1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I guess we're discussing the same here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4050376#4050376

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card