AIR-DNA-NWSTACK-E

only after doing my bom on CCW, some lines are missing
WLC-AP-T
WLC-AP-T-3Y

Please help me concoct this BOM. any ideas would be welcome

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. what exactly is WLC-AP-T used for?

Q.  I noticed that WLC-AP-T was removed from DNA configurations. What has changed?
A.   Short answer: not much. WLC-AP-T was an included component in the AIR-DNA configuration. We have recently implemented a change and removal of WLC-AP-T does not cause any functional change. WLC-AP-T isn’t required from license check point of view. It is covered by network stack essentials/advantage. WLC-AP-T was supposed to reflect AP adder license previously, however the same feature set and value is derived via network stack licenses now making WLC-AP-T redundant.
2. When was it withdrawn (my client wants the exact BOM described above
The 9800’s are different from the 5520’s. The item is still valid for the AireOS controllers 
3. What replaces it?

See the answer to #1
4. Was WLC-AP-T equivalent to LIC-CT5520-1A?

No, one is for support the other is a license to support 1 access point

You should be able to search all of this online. This is what I did to provide you the answer. If you work with your Cisco rep, they can also answer the questions you have. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Q.  I noticed that WLC-AP-T was removed from DNA configurations. What has changed?
A.   Short answer: not much. WLC-AP-T was an included component in the AIR-DNA configuration. We have recently implemented a change and removal of WLC-AP-T does not cause any functional change. WLC-AP-T isn’t required from license check point of view. It is covered by network stack essentials/advantage. WLC-AP-T was supposed to reflect AP adder license previously, however the same feature set and value is derived via network stack licenses now making WLC-AP-T redundant.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Hello,
Thank you for your support.

I summarize according to my understanding of your answer.
previously WLC-AP-T was automatically integrated in DNA. But since a last modification, this one has been removed.

3. What replaces it?

Someone can help me. Please

Q.  I noticed that WLC-AP-T was removed from DNA configurations. What has changed?
A.   Short answer: not much. WLC-AP-T was an included component in the AIR-DNA configuration. We have recently implemented a change and removal of WLC-AP-T does not cause any functional change. WLC-AP-T isn’t required from license check point of view. It is covered by network stack essentials/advantage. WLC-AP-T was supposed to reflect AP adder license previously, however the same feature set and value is derived via network stack licenses now making WLC-AP-T redundant.
The 9800’s are different from the 5520’s. The item is still valid for the AireOS controllers 
3. What replaces it?

See the answer to #1

No, one is for support the other is a license to support 1 access point

You should be able to search all of this online. This is what I did to provide you the answer. If you work with your Cisco rep, they can also answer the questions you have. 

-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Hashen wrote:

CON-SNT-C9115XIA

What a waste of money.  I have never bought SNT for APs since 3500 came out.  Any purchase of 9105 comes with Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty.

Hello Leo,
it is C9115 and not C9105

Does the lifetime warranty apply to the C9115?

i'm wating u help

@Hashen wrote:

Does the lifetime warranty apply to the C9115?

All Cisco Catalyst switches and wireless access points have (Enhanced) Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty if anyone takes the time to read the Release Notes.  It actually "pays" to read them carefully.  

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as you are not seeing errors in CCW you are good. Make sure you validate it too. Moving forward, you should make sure you full understand the DNA Licensing so you are not going back to ask for more money or wondering why you don’t have a specific feature. 
https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/products/software/dna-subscription-wireless/en-sw-sub-matrix-wireless.html?oid=porew018984

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card