Helpful
Replies

wireless client disconnect from lightweight. on autounomous work fine

shinwoo_acdc77
Level 1
Level 1

hi. this is kim

i have some questions!!!  please help

my customer use wireless network (controller based).

WLC 4404(4.2.130) + LAP(1131) + WPA1(TKIP) + Radius(ACS4.1)+HREAP

some client disconnect frequently, so we update client wireless driver, and change channel & power ,WLC RRM fix

so we change LAP to Autonomous AP,

all fine.. why?

i dont understand....why client disconnect?

please help!!!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kim,

Are all the ap's H-REAP and when troubleshooting, is the issue in a specific area.  When you changed the AP's to Autonomous, were you still authenticating back to radius?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

KIM:

Many problems are derives from customers, VISTA,  cause many problems, and as for XP, must have all the patches,

http://blogs.technet.com/networking/archive/2008/02/08/non-broadcast-wireless-ssids-why-hidden-wireless-networks-are-a-bad-idea.aspx

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kim,

Are all the ap's H-REAP and when troubleshooting, is the issue in a specific area.  When you changed the AP's to Autonomous, were you still authenticating back to radius?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

KIM:

Many problems are derives from customers, VISTA,  cause many problems, and as for XP, must have all the patches,

http://blogs.technet.com/networking/archive/2008/02/08/non-broadcast-wireless-ssids-why-hidden-wireless-networks-are-a-bad-idea.aspx

sorry!! i'm very busy...^^

our all Client driver update, AP connect Radius(ACS)

all fine..

ok. I understand your problem, I spend the same a few  months ago with the same infrastructure, raise a case with Cisco, which  told us that the problems are the type derives by network design, as  ap, have a limit, in my case, had 20  for the model 1130, as probedor I observe, that the problem was derived  from customers, points out that the ap, the only thing it does is  radiate the signal, but the client does is the one who initiates the  negotiation.

As  recommendation.
Check the number of customers each AP supports.
If possible perform a site survey, the controller Check how  many customers are associar to each AP, it is possible that more than  enough capacity.
For now is all I can think of.
Greetings.

thank you... your reply....

AP is enough.....and Client Driver all Update

I think that auto-AP NO RRM fuction.. but LAP RRM fuction enable

Channel Interference may give rise to Client Roaming..although Channel & Power is fix

I set-up more less tight Performance profile on Controller (Cisco recommand : Controller very tight)

I attach channel analyze report

result although Performance profile change more less tight on LAP environment

I think that controller base wireless inconsistence on heavy Channel Interference environment

thank you..!! please reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card