cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Controller 2500 and AIR CAP 3602i k9

jcdsdpn9k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, when I did connect the AP to the switch and this is already connected to the WLAN 2500, I got this error message

ot in Bound state.

*Jan 18 22:51:18.303: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Not sending discovery request AP does not have an Ip !!

*Jan 18 22:51:18.303: %CAPWAP-3-DHCP_RENEW: Could not discover WLC using DHCP IP. Renewing DHCP IP.

*Jan 18 22:51:28.303: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Not sending discovery request AP does not have an Ip !!

*Jan 18 22:51:38.303: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Not sending discovery request AP does not have an Ip !!

*Jan 18 22:51:48.303: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Not sending discovery request AP does not have an Ip !!

*Jan 18 22:51:58.303: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Not sending discovery request AP does not have an Ip !!

N

And this AP is not joined to the WLAN 2500, but if I use one model of AP like LAP1120 it works, that mean, the wireless is able to see the Ip Address....

How can I do to correct the problem with the AP 3600 series?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
*Jan 18 22:51:58.303: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Not sending discovery request AP does not have an Ip !!

Ummmm ... I dunno.  The error message seems very explicit where the problem is. 

Also another inductor which I know is true on the 3500 and 1140 is that when an ap doesn't have an IP address the led blinks a fast green ..

Check to make sure you have dhcp working and that the switch is configured correctly ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi,

Upgrade the IOS to 7.2 on wlc after that select the country code INDIA. if you have 1130, 1120 1240 access points you can select the counry code US also. than access points get the IP address and registred with the controller automatically.

Sheryl Lobo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code is the 2500 WLC running?

If the ap does not have an IP it will not connect. Thats the first thing. You can give itan address manually if you don have a DHCP server for that subnet.

If the ap is on a differrent subnet to the controller management interface you need to use a discovery mechanism such as DHCP option 43 of DNS.

If the controller had the wrong code the error would be different but at the moment the ap does not have an IP. Make sure you are using code 7.2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card