Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless controller 2504 swap out

paul.davis
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks,

Have an existing WLC 2504 that may have potential issues. Now, I'm now wanting to trouble-shoot those issues, just replace the controller. That said, I have another (unused) 2504 controller. I have made sure software/firmware matches (7.6.130.0). I have downloaded the current config and uploaded it to the new controller.

Can I literally swap the units out and go on, or is there going to be a bit more issues than that?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the new controller is configured exactly the same, then you can swap them out and that is not an issue.  The main thing is to ensure the ip address/hostname is the same just for connectivity sake.  This will ensure access points will join the WLC.  Make sure the license is also there!!!

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the new controller is configured exactly the same, then you can swap them out and that is not an issue.  The main thing is to ensure the ip address/hostname is the same just for connectivity sake.  This will ensure access points will join the WLC.  Make sure the license is also there!!!

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

worked without issue. Thanks again...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card