cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Controller 2504 why amy I now getting quoted CON-ECMU-LCT255A when purchasing licenses

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

Historically when I've asked my reseller for WLC adder licenses they have quoted me the line items L-LIC-CT2504-5A &
L-LIC-CT2504-UPG (zero value).  Now they are saying I have to purchase a compulsory contract item number CON-ECMU-LCT255A.  Is this correct or are they forcing an up-sell on me?  Note the system is in a residential environment and the client is not wanting contracts etc..

Thoughts anyone?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7
Anything beginning "CON-" is a smartnet contract and I'm pretty sure that isn't compulsory for these scenarios... sounds like shenanigans to me :P
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Just tested it here: https://apps.cisco.com/Commerce/home
It automatically adds the CON-ECMU-LCT225A and it looks like it cannot be removed. But it can be reduced to just 1 month (instead of the default 12), which equals around 17$.

Thanks for the feedback Ric and Patoberli. I think this is the path I'll take and press them for a shorter term.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: