Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Environment for Hotel - managing guests

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have a new project which requires a guest environment as well as SSIDs for internal service. The client wants to utilise a 3rd party onboarding cloud based platform for the guests to be able to capture facebook etc.. however wants to retain the internal authentication for the internal services.  We are proposing a Cisco Wireless Controller solution.

The cloud based onboarding platform is radius based and I know I can set the SSID AAA to point towards various Radius Servers or no Radius as the case may be. Is this the best approach? Does anyone have any pointers on a likely scenario?

We are in the design phase at the moment so looking for ideas on how to provide a Guest Wifi with minimal administration but also obtaining user basic details.

Best Regards

David

1 Reply 1

Hi David,

As you already identified, there needs to be two separate WLAN for corporate users & guest users. I would assume ISE would be a part of that solution (can act as internal RADIUS) & policy enforcement point.

For geuest SSID, you can use external on boarding service.

Here is a some use case I found on cisco web, it include CMX to provide personalized wireless experience for guest as well

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/wireless-case-study-hyatt.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card