cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Mesh Networks - AIR-BAND-INST-TL=

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting ready to install a mesh network for the first time. Do I need more than 1 of these tools?

7 Replies 7

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

Do these tool break easily? They are quite expensive.

Thanks so much

They seem pretty robust to me. We have a few, but that was mainly in case we dropped or lost one. It was used for about 5 installs.

The only weirdness we ran into was making sure we actually locked the strap in place. We burned through a few install kits because we didn't fold it backwards to compress the fitting.

When you say kit, are you referring to the tool or the pole mount kit?

Ah yes, I see how that was confusing. I was referring to the pole mounting kit. Specifically to the metal straps/bands that attach the mount to the pole.

If you cinch it down, forget to "clamp it/fold it back and lock it down", and then cut the straps. You'll need some more straps when you figure out it's lose. :-)

I think it was a by-product of the electrician who installed it. He didn't read the mounting instructions, and assumed he could figure it out while up on the lift.

Any commercial band strapping tool should work. Cable and power companies buy them from third party vendors much less expensively than the Cisco part number.

Hi,

Any one can guide me that i want to use AIR-BAND-INST-TL= qtu 01 for 50 APs.

As per my understanding this is not required per AP basis.

Only one is enough for ALL.

Regards

This is the band tool used to install the banded mount for the AP to a pole. As stated above you can achieve this with only one tool but you may want to equipt more than one install team. Cabling companies buy these tools at a much reduced rate through popular cabling vendors. I would look to a cable distributor for a less costly tool.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card