cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Speed not getting upto 300 mbps

mukthar786
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC 4402 with software version 6.0.182.0  and 8 Acess Point - AIR 1142N

configured it with one ssid on 2.4 Mhz interface. 5.0. As I know (probably I am wrong) wireless speed with "n" mode devices must be at least 300 Mbps, but I get only half of that- 150 Mbps.

Where could be a problem?

Tested it with Laptop, It is showing 150 Mbps on the card, but its only 80 half of what I am supposed to get. 

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@mukthar786 wrote:

Tested it with Laptop, It is showing 150 Mbps on the card, but its only 80 half of what I am supposed to get. 

What is the exact model of the laptop's wireless NIC and what is the exact version of the driver of the wireless NIC?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will only achieve this on 5GHz with channel bonding enabled. So make sure you have 40MHz channel width enabled on 5GHz and the device is connected to 5GHz.  Also “n” only supports open and WPA2/AES. “N” doesn’t support WEP or WPA/TKIP. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

>> wireless speed with "n" mode devices must be at least 300 Mbps

NO!  300 Mbps is the theoretical maximum not minimum.

As the data sheet https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1130-ag-series/datasheet_c78-502793.html clearly says: PHY data rates up to 300 Mbps

And actual IP throughput will always be less then the PHY data rate.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card