cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless - Universal Workgroup Bridge on Cisco CleanAir 1600

kchandrajaya
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco CleanAir 1602i (standalone model) support Universal Workgroup Bridge?  I read the release notes 15.2 but I couldn't find it.  Anyone is able to enlighten me, please?

Thank you.

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most Cisco APs support WGB mode. I don't think it supports Universal Bridge Client.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I am sorry what I meant is Universal Workgroup Bridge which is supported on IOS version 12.3 or 12.4.  I am not sure whether the same feature is supported on IOS 15.2.

Okay... Well WGB is supported in autonomous code for any access points that support v15.2.

-Scott

What do you exactly mean by "Universal workgroup bridge"?

What I know is that means that only one clinet is connected to the AP  (i.e. the AP is not connected to a switch).

So, universal WGB is subset of WGB. if WGB is supported that will probably implicitely mean the universal WGB (wich is WGB with some limitations) is supported.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a link to the release notes that will answer your question.

Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint Bridging Support for 802.11n Platforms
The point-to-point and point-to-multipoint bridging is supported on the Cisco Aironet 1040, 1140, 1260, 1600, 2600, 3500 and 3600 series access points (802.11n platforms). The 5-GHz bands support 20 and 40-MHz channel widths, and the 2.4-GHz bands support only a 20-MHz channel width.
The following items are supported for AP1040, AP1140, AP1260, AP1600, AP2600, AP3500 and AP3600 bridging:
•MIMO, short-range bridging (on campus or inter-building bridge deployments), with dipole and MIMO antennas (line of sight and short range) under 1 km.
•20-MHz and 40-MHz 802.11n support.
•Workgroup bridge (WGB) short-range support.
•SISO (single-in, single-out), MCS 0-7 and legacy bridge rates (802.11 a/b/g and 802.11n) using one outdoor antenna.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/15.2_2_JB.html

-Scott

Thanks for the link.  I noticed that IOS 15.2 does support WGB but it does not mention about Universal WGB. 

Universal WGB does allow Cisco Access Point configured in workgroup bridge mode and can associate to non-cisco APs, but it is only one wired client supported behind Universal WGB.

I am sorry that I do not have Cisco 1602 and Cisco 2602 in my environment to test it myself.

I don't have one either with me. But you should be able to.

-Scott

Suppose you have two APs, one in the FlexConnect mode and the other in the monitor mode. Also suppose that you have created a profile enabling EAP attack against 802.1x auth. The Airmagnet (AM) tool, which can generate different types of attacks, fails to generate any attack even if you have provided valid AP MAC and STA MAC addresses. But if the AP MAC and STA MAC addresses in the AM tool are swapped, that is, the AP MAC address is specified in the STA MAC field and the STA MAC address is specified in the AP MAC field, then the tool is able to generate attacks, which the AP in the Monitor mode is also able to detect.

Most Cisco APs support WGB mode. I don't think it supports Universal Bridge Client.

My info seem very old. Here is a doc that states the PEAP is now supported on WGB with newer IOS versions on the AP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12723/products_configuration_example09186a0080becd3c.shtml

So, why you try to configure the PEAP client on the end device? try to conigure it on the uWGB and check if that works

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card