Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless

ZaidShaikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having around 300, 3700i APs out of which 170 is showing on the 8510 wlc, the hindrance am facing is that those APs which are not associated with WLC is actually connected with their access switches and from the switch i am able to ping my DHCP server which is Infoblox, but the APs are not getting the IP address. I tried the switch port shut and no shut, verifed the dhcp scopes and option 43 on the dhcp server(infoblox), but still the APs are just powered on but not getting the IP address. I also tried connecting my laptop on the same AP port on the switch , the laptop gets the IP immediately.

Can anybody has any insight where am losing or i left somtheing to config/ verify on any concerned devices??

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the firmware of the controller?

Hi,

The controller is running 8.0.120.x software version.

The controller is running 8.0.120.x software version.

Upgrade the firmware to 8.0.133.0.  Cisco has removed 8.0.120.X due to stability issues.

Hi,

I put the console into the AP and am able to see a message as " WLC could not discover, Renewing DHCP ip".

But am not able to see the IP allocated to AP.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a bug with that code version in which the AP's get an ip but still doesn't join. With a MS deco server, you would see bad address. Like Leo mentioned, you need to upgrade to v8.0.133.0 that fixes that issue.  We ran into that issue a while back and was running a tac release to fix that issue but encountered more issues with the v8.0.120.x.  

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

Seems like your issue was resolved from this post: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11996541/wlc-2504-cant-access-gui

-Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

That answer was for different questions. Not for this one.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card