Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have an issue with wifi bandwidth, fyi my device detail :

core switch : WS-C6509-E

switch access : WS-C2960

access point : AIR-LAP1131G-A-K9 

HSIA login management

the problem is, wifi bandwidth maximum i got from wifi is 10mbps, even 1 create user login more than 10 ex 20 Mbps, but if i change the access point with other brand with the same configuration the problem solved

i just want to know why is that happened to my all Cisco access point, is there any bandwidth limitation in WISM or controller ?

Thank You

Best Regard

Solehudin

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good grief.  It is an 1131 with 2.4 Ghz only.  

If there is co-channel interference, there is not much anyone can do with 2.4 Ghz.

But before that everything went normally, we got the bandwidth we set,
this suddenly happened. And for sure we didn't change any setting,

What if, we restar the WISM will help ?

@kangsolehudin wrote:
But before that everything went normally, we got the bandwidth we set, this suddenly happened.

Wut?  
Please elaborate further.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Like Leo's already said 2.4GHz band is typically heavily congested just from neighbouring WiFi installations sharing the 3 usable non-overlapping channels.  In addition it's shared with dozens of other non-WiFi applications like Microwave ovens, bluetooth, DECT phones and any number of other systems that have chosen to use the unlicensed spectrum.  The latest we've had to contend with is conference microphone systems which have become especially popular due to COVID.  Many of them use all the 2.4 GHz channels and do not play nicely with WiFi.

So there are many different reasons why your 2.4GHz performance could have got worse.  You'll need to check channel utilisation and interference levels to work out what the problem is.

There are things you can do to improve (like disable 802.11b data rates) but if the source of your problem is external there is really not much you can do.

You say "if i change the access point with other brand with the same configuration the problem solved". Like Leo I doubt that that is true.  An AP with the same specs and config and using the same channels is guaranteed to encounter the same problems.  Maybe it was using different channels, maybe it had b data rates disabled or maybe it supports 5 GHz band and your clients could suddenly use some channels that weren't congested?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card