cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM password recovery / config reset

jcowtan
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring a WiSM blade. Consoling in I completed Side A with the initial config. It saved and reloaded. I was able to re-signed on with default name/pw and things looked good.

I plugged into B side (console) and used same default name/pw. Completed initial config. It saved, reloaded and then I could not sign in. The defaults no longer worked.

So I can not get on the B side to reset. How do I set the B side to factory defaults? If I reset the A side, does it reset both sides?

I then

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jakew
Level 1
Level 1

I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion when I fat-fingered the password in the setup script.

One way to do this is to attach a console cable to side B and reset the module from the switch (hw-module module [module number] reset). This will reboot both sides, but Side A should be fine. When Side B comes up, type in "Recover-Config" for the user name. This will reset the module and you can re-enter the setup script. Be sure that "Recover-Config" is the first thing you enter because if you put anything else in, you have to reset the module again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jakew
Level 1
Level 1

I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion when I fat-fingered the password in the setup script.

One way to do this is to attach a console cable to side B and reset the module from the switch (hw-module module [module number] reset). This will reboot both sides, but Side A should be fine. When Side B comes up, type in "Recover-Config" for the user name. This will reset the module and you can re-enter the setup script. Be sure that "Recover-Config" is the first thing you enter because if you put anything else in, you have to reset the module again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card