cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM2 ver 7.4 and Apple Bonjour

Steve Chapman
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed WiSM2 with ver 7.4 and Bonjour works great with instruction provided, But…… 2 problems.

• •1.       I cant get it to work on the same subnet. (odd since the whole problem was not able to work across subnets)

• •2.       More important the new Code function / password function on the airplay wont work. I get the code on the projector, but the ipad never pop up the login box it just errors out.

Thanks

Chappy

2 Replies 2

timohara
Level 4
Level 4

Steve,

I had the same problem.  I had 2 WLANS mapped to the same interface.  When the iPad and the ATV were on the same SSID then Airplay would not work.  When the iPad and the ATV were on different SSID's (same interface mind you) then Airplay WOULD work.  Turns out the problem went away after upgrading the iPad to iOS version 6.1.2

I would try upgrading the iPad and see if that solves the issue.

Thanks,

Tim

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Okay so the mDNS service for AirPlay has changed and you need to enable AirTunes also to get mirroring working. Now the password n the Apple TV is broke but you can use the random password... That still works.

Multicast needs to be enabled on the wired side so please reference the WLC Apple TV guide.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card