Views
Helpful
Replies

Wlan 2504 controller can't find printers

sotspinos
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys,

I have a cisco wlan 2504 controller with two 2702i and so far everything is been good except the printers. Even though my printers are visible on the router and dhcp assigns the correct ip and subnet to them, on every windows laptop that is connected on the WiFi where I'm trying to detect and install the printers it fails because it can't detect on the scan any printer. Is there any setting that I'm missing?

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Check the printers specs and see the supported auth/encry type.
It may not support your APs settings

With regards to your problem, you might have to check your printers manual for that.
Also, try to assign the IP of the printer static-ly, it might work

WIth regards to that, try checking the settings of the printer itself, the router may say that it allocated and IP, but the printer may not have.

Also, double check your VLAN settings (if ever you have a specific SSID for the printers)
Try open authentication as well, just for isolation purposes, if it works, then further troubleshoot. You may need to explicitly create an SSID just for the printers (w/c I would prefer since printers are heavy on broadcast)

If it ever works on open auth, then just leave it there and enable MAC filtering on the SSID created for it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Check the printers specs and see the supported auth/encry type.
It may not support your APs settings

With regards to your problem, you might have to check your printers manual for that.
Also, try to assign the IP of the printer static-ly, it might work

WIth regards to that, try checking the settings of the printer itself, the router may say that it allocated and IP, but the printer may not have.

Also, double check your VLAN settings (if ever you have a specific SSID for the printers)
Try open authentication as well, just for isolation purposes, if it works, then further troubleshoot. You may need to explicitly create an SSID just for the printers (w/c I would prefer since printers are heavy on broadcast)

If it ever works on open auth, then just leave it there and enable MAC filtering on the SSID created for it.

sotspinos
Level 1
Level 1

Static IP's solved the issue. Thanks

You're welcome! :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card