Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN automatic enable/disable?

mattliddle1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I have a WCS 4400 system and run 3 seperate WLANs: 2 WPA secured networks and 1 open, using LDAP authentication.

Is it possible to schedule, or script, one of these WLANs to automatically disable at 8am and enable at 2pm each day?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried searching the KB and google for quite some time, but to no avail. Thanks VERY much to anyone who is able to help in this!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/6.0/configuration/guide/6_0ctrlcfg.html#wpmkr1113392

Let me know.  I don't have WCS yet, and It'll take me a few days to setup a 30 day demo to test it out myself.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Michael King
Level 1
Level 1

Strangely enough, I was tasked with the same project today as well.  Please post back if you find anything.

Michael,

If I find out how to do this I will send you the solution right away! If you happen to find the solution first please send it my way. Thanks!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have several ways of doing this ...

1.  WCS will allow scheduled enable/disable of radios;

2.  Active Directory

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! Unfortunately I'm not sure how to implement this.

I see an option in WCS for Scheduling a start time for a WLAN, but no option for a stop time. Or is there a correcsponding CLI command that does this?

As far as using active directory to implement the scheduled enable/disable I know WCS is linked to my AD through LDAP to allow user control, but I don't know how to use AD to control login times. Can you give me any pointers on how to do this, or point me in the direction of the appropriate manual.

Thanks again for the help so far!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/6.0/configuration/guide/6_0ctrlcfg.html#wpmkr1113392

Let me know.  I don't have WCS yet, and It'll take me a few days to setup a 30 day demo to test it out myself.

Well I'll be! Thats it! You sir are officially, as my students would say, the man!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card