Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller

Joy3
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

We have vlan 300 (WLAN - Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller) configured in verious routers and the clients get IP addresses from a central DHCP server. The configurations are the same and all locations are working well apart from one. When I check the WLC, the APs are up but the DHCP server does not lease any addresses which means that there is no WLAN. Could anyone know what he issue is? 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are not really extensive with information to your environment. But as a guess as that could easily go wrong:

Do you run your APs in FlexConnect with local switching? Then it could be that VLAN 300 is just missing on the problematic location.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

You are not really extensive with information to your environment. But as a guess as that could easily go wrong:

Do you run your APs in FlexConnect with local switching? Then it could be that VLAN 300 is just missing on the problematic location.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to provide more information on your setup to provide you with a solution. Such as

AireOS code running?

AP models?

Flex or Local mode AP's?

If Flex local or central switching? 

Do you have the WLAN configured in your WLC?

Is the AP's assigned to correct AP group and Flex group?

If local mode DHCP bridge mode or proxy mode?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree that you need to provide more information.  From what I got from your post, you have this same setup in other locations and this location is the only one that isn't working right.  To me, you need to put a wired laptop on vlan 300 and see if it gets a dhcp and the correct dhcp address.  This will help eliminate if the issue is with your infrastructure configuration or maybe your wireless configuration.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Joy3 wrote:

the APs are up but the DHCP server does not lease any addresses which means that there is no WLAN

Is the AP getting a valid IP address or not?

Joy3
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo all. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the scanty info.

@Karsten Iwen yes, the APs are running on Flexconnect mode and VLAN300 is configured in the WLC. I restarted the 4 APs and now I see that one client is allocated an IP address of 0.0.0.0 but after a while doesn't show anymore (A pop up appears saying: No client can be found any more by this MAC Address).

@Arshad Safrulla Here is additional info.

AireOS code running? - 8.10.151.0

AP models - AIR-AP1832I-E-K9

Flex or Local mode AP's - Fleconnect mode

If Flex local or central switching?- Flex local switching

Do you have the WLAN configured in your WLC? - Yes, it is

Is the AP's assigned to correct AP group and Flex group? - Yes, I have confirmed that the 4 APs are in the correct froups

If local mode DHCP bridge mode or proxy mode? - DHCP Proxy mode is set to global which I understand is 'Global'.

@Scott FellaThat was what we initially tried but the WLAN was not even recognizable in the problematic location.

@Leo Laohoo From the WLC, the 4 APs are all getting IP addresses.

Are the wireless clients getting IP addresses?

Joy3
Level 1
Level 1

@Leo Laohoo No client is getting IP address. Initially one client got a 0.0.0.0 address then after a while a pop up appeared saying No client can be found any more by this MAC Address

On the SSID, is "IP address required" ticked?

Joy3
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it is.

Joy3
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo all. The problem has been solved. The issue was that the VLAN was not configured in the backbone router. This has been done and now everything is working properly. Thanks al for your input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: