cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN Guest User Reauth

adbradle
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing something that I am not sure should be happening.  I have guest users that are authenticated and working and about every 30 minutes they are dropping and being asked to reauth via the webauth.  I never see the wireless connection drop the users just see the pop-up to reauth.  I have looked in the controllers and WCS and I don't see any way to modify timers for webauth.  I am running 4402 and 5500 controllers with 7.0 code.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like session timeout is enabled

Go -->WLAN (select your GUEST wlan)--> Advance tab--> Session timeout ?

Default is 30 minutes.

If you are using anchors, remember to change this WLAN setting on the anchor and foreign controllers under the guest WLAN tag.

Let me know is this helps..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like session timeout is enabled

Go -->WLAN (select your GUEST wlan)--> Advance tab--> Session timeout ?

Default is 30 minutes.

If you are using anchors, remember to change this WLAN setting on the anchor and foreign controllers under the guest WLAN tag.

Let me know is this helps..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks that was the answer, I guess I just missed before.  Thanks again!

No worries and thank you for the rating. Would you be so kind to mark this as "anwsered" so others may be able to serach and find a quicker reslove in case they have this issue?

Thanks again

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card