Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN poller - upgrade WLAN Controller 5508 from 8.5.140.0 -> 8.5.151.0

Melantrix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble getting the WLAN poller script up and running.
And I would like to have it up and running in cause of the flash corrupt issue while upgrading the WLAN Controller.

I tried using different versions of Python (and of course the 2.7.x versions). But while following the manuals I keep hitting the problem that i don't have the 'wlanpoller-0.7.1.dev90_md5rcv.tar.gz' file.

Does anyone know where to find this file, or am I doing something wrong (probably I am).

Also, is it that necessary to check for this issue while a simple reboot can fix the problem? 

Hope you guys can help.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Here's the link to download the tool:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/#!wireless-troubleshooting-tools/wireless-troubleshooting-tools

Here's the documentation on how to use it:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/213317-understanding-various-ap-ios-flash-corru.html#anc12

Based on my experience if you have like more than 50-100 AP's, i would run the tool from Linux/Mac OS, as opposed to Windows.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hi Christian,

thanks for your quick response :).

I already followed these documents, but that was not the issue.
I found out that i do not need pyhton to be configured as a whole, just the path variables must been set.
And offcourse i need to instal phython but the configurations steps are not necessary.

Just run the script --> and make SURE that you configure the config file correct.
that's 

Did you get this to work? I am having the same issue. 

I have followed the documentation and have downloaded the zip file. However there is nothing in that download that is called "wlanpoller-0.7.1.dev90_md5rcv.tar.gz" Am I just being dumb here?

Thanks in advance.

Ah yes, it looks like the file has been renamed to Enterprise-WlanPoller-WindowsBundle.zip (for Windows).

Yes I did.
No need to retrieve that file, don't even try to look for it.

Just make sure you configured your config file correct, and then run the script  :)

that's all

"I have followed the documentation and have downloaded the zip file. However there is nothing in that download that is called "wlanpoller-0.7.1.dev90_md5rcv.tar.gz" Am I just being dumb here?"

Same exact issue.  So this file is not needed?  Thanks for your assistance.

Dennnis Maron 

just tested the link and it works fine file should be 42.3 MB

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card