cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN profiles with the same SSIDs

cgonzalezlozada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I´m doing a new implementation with hreap, i have 2 WLC 5508, in the HQ i have one SSID with l2 security wpa+wpa2 with AES and 802.1X, i configured the same ssid to remote location and i associated that ssid with a hreap group and an access point in hreap mode, every thing working fine and the users can be associated with this ssid and this HREAP AP in local switching, but when a want to apply the same l2 security (wpa+wpa2 with AES and 802.1X) to this new wlan profile with same ssid the following error is showed:

"The following errors occurred while updating the WLAN:

WLAN with duplicate SSID and L2 security policy found"

It´s possible to do this? Can´t i have two SSID with same L2 security?

Thanks

17 Replies 17

sounds like you got it!

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks Steve, i was in the middle of the implementation. And your prompt responses saved me. Have you tried this setup?

merci,

arun

many many times.  i spent about 5 years in the Wireless TAC working with customers to get their wireless up and running.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: