Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2106 + 1142 slow speeds.

orddie234
Level 7
Level 7

Hey All,

Very new to WLC and Cisco Wireless.   My network is connected to a Comcast home connection that's 100mb down, 20 up. Via LAN, i can get a speed that that backs that up.

trying to do a configuration on the WLC, I'm getting 19 down and 11 up regardless if i use 5ghz or 2.5.  

Thoughts on what i can check?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  What is the make and model of the wireless NIC on the being used to test the bandwidth?  What is the version of the driver? 

2.  What radio/band was used to do the test?

3.  What data rates is enabled, disabled and set as Mandatory? 

4.  What data rates was the wireless client connected to before the wireless bandwidth test was conducted? 

5.  When the wireless bandwidth test was being conducted, how many other wireless users were on the same radio? 

6.  During the time of the wireless bandwidth test how far away from the AP was the wireless client used to conduct the wireless bandwidth test?

7.  What is the COMPLETE firmware version of the 2100?

1) it was done my mac air.  Using an Air port that's making use of the 5ghz range, im able to get around 100mb/s off the same laptop and the AP at the same location as the access point (just unplugged).

2) I tried several..  32, 161 & 165.  According to my Mac..  only one other AP is using 161.  Everyone else is wireless N in the 2.5ghz range.

3) for the 802.11a/n raido, 6 & 9 are disabled. 12 is mandatory and the rest are supported. Under High Throughput (802.11n) i have everything checked as supported

4) Wireless N.  -64 dBm / -92 dBm on channel 161

5) its at my house..  so a max of 3 most likely doing nothing.

6) I tried several.  Right on top, the same room, floor, up stairs. (the Ap is sitting on a shelf... not ceiling mounted).

7) 7.0.252.0

And what is the model of the Cisco AP?

1142n

orddie234
Level 7
Level 7

still having the issue.  anyhelp would be awesome.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card