cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2106 Guest Wireless Access Problem

nkait
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 2106 that was configured by a former employee.  No one left in the company is qualified to configure it.  The wireless guest access used to work fine.  We'd configure a guest user account.  They would connect to the guest wireless, open a web browser and login.  For some reason now there is no prompt for login.  People can connect to it and get an IP address, but that's it.  No login prompt or anything else from there.

User Login Policies was set to 0 and I put it to 8.  That didn't do anything.  Under Web Auth > Web Login Page it's set to Internal (Default).  I don't know where else to check.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DNS also has to be working in order for the portal page to show up, so make sure you don't have any DNS issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check to see if the certificate is expired.  If when it was working, you didn't get a certificate error prior to the splash page, then there was a certificate installed.  If so, you will have to get a new certificate.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

On the CLI of the WLC you can issue a show certificate summary and that will tell you if you have a 3rd party certificate. On the GUI you can go to Security tab, WebAuth, then certificate to see the certificate used if any.

-Scott

I forgot to mention that I checked the certificate, and it's good until March 2021.  Or so says the WLC.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DNS also has to be working in order for the portal page to show up, so make sure you don't have any DNS issues.

-Scott

Yep, that was it!  Thanks!

We did redo our network infrastructer about 6 months ago, and we changed the DNS settings in the WLC except for guest access.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card