I have WLC 2500 

I connect  AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9  to POE port   but I can't config AP

cicso2500.png

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...but I can't config AP

- What do you mean by the above phrasing ? If the AP is supposed to join with a controller , then it is configured by the controller. If it can not join then post AP boot sequence and also look at  the controller logs when the AP tries to join.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

the air-cap not show in WLC

and this is log

no log about AP  

*sntpReceiveTask: Mar 14 07:22:53.104: %SNTP-3-FATAL_ERROR_OCCURED: sntp_main.c:233 Fatal error: : unable to send NTP packet to ::.
*sntpReceiveTask: Mar 14 07:22:51.104: %SNTP-3-FATAL_ERROR_OCCURED: sntp_main.c:233 Fatal error: : unable to send NTP packet to ::.
*sntpReceiveTask: Mar 14 07:22:49.104: %SNTP-3-FATAL_ERROR_OCCURED: sntp_main.c:233 Fatal error: : unable to send NTP packet to ::.
*sntpReceiveTask: Mar 14 07:22:47.104: %SNTP-3-FATAL_ERROR_OCCURED: sntp_main.c:233 Fatal error: : unable to send NTP packet to ::.
*sntpReceiveTask: Mar 14 07:22:45.104: %SNTP-3-FATAL_ERROR_OCCURED: sntp_main.c:233 Fatal error: : unable to send NTP packet to ::.

>...SNTP-3-FATAL_ERROR_OCCURED

- The latter seems to be a bug ,  https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun88824 , use latest advisory aireos release on controller and or it is important that there is there is  a working and operational NTP setup too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

create internal DHCP pool in WLC and enable DHCP proxy

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also make sure that time on WLC must be up to date.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

yemenwifi
Level 1
Level 1

I configure DHCP Scope and dhcp Like photo and update the time and date 

but not working

2.png

yemenwifi
Level 1
Level 1

*Mar 1 00:17:17.491: %CAPWAP-3-DHCP_RENEW: Could not discover WLC. Either IP address is not assigned or assigned IP is wrong. Renewing DHCP IP.

- Make sure AP can acquire an IP address from the DHCP server. Check DHCP server logs to verify

M.

are AP and WLC in same subnet? if not then did you configure option 43 under DHCP scope for APs  or any other method so that AP can find the WLC!

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card