Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 8.5.120 version - AP 1562 and AP 1542I are unable to join

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It’s not listed for the supplemental image. The 2504 can only support up to v8.5 and will not support v8.6 or later. I would place the AP MAC address in the Mac filter just in case and also on the same vlan as the WLC management.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4
Pls see logs in win word.. not sure why AP are not able to register it.. Kindly advise..

Please share this outputs:

show sysinfo

show time
show ap join stats detailed <mac-address>

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
APs are in MESH mode.
Console into the AP and enter the enable command "capwap ap mode local".

Ok let me try this, but in wlc it is rejecting because of authorisation failed of radius.

And there is no radius authorisation configured, and I have added ap MAC address to WLC but results same.

Ok.

please keep this link and find the section "Adding MAC Addresses of Mesh Access Points to the Controller Filter List" you need to add the Mac address in the WLC or as Leo say convert the operation mode of the AP to local mode. If you prefer to do it in CLI mode do this.

config macfilter add ap_mac wlan_id interface [description]

A value of zero (0) for the wlan_id parameter specifies any WLAN, and a value of zero (0) for the interface parameter specifies none. You can enter up to 32 characters for the optional description parameter.

Step 2 Save your changes by entering this command:

save config

***Please rate the answer if this information was useful***

*Tu reconocimiento nos alienta a seguir participando en los foros *

** ¡Las calificaciones fomentan la participación! **

Por favor asegúrese de calificar  las respuestas a sus preguntas.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***

But my requirement is not to configure WLC in Mesh mode..

Still you want me to add this AP in WLC as "Adding MAC Addresses of Mesh Access Points to the Controller Filter Lis"

I have console access to AP, so there will be no issue in giving the command as follows: capwap ap mode local

in Next 2 hours, I will be at site and can test all the options. Pls suggest,

Can I also check upgrade and downgrade of the WLC..

Seems 1542 only support 8.5 version.. and compatibility matrix say.. it is compatible with 8.6 but image of 8.6 is not available on Cisco Website for the download..

Do you suspect issue on the AP firmware or WLC image..

Yesterday only I have upgraded WLC image from 7.6 to 8.2 and then to 8.5 version..

Also upgrade Field upgrade software to 2.0 version as per recommendation..

Can Supplementary AP Bundle can work here this is the only , which I have not done. Because it is not relate to my AP.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283848165&flowid=24841&softwareid=280926587&release=8.0.152.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=MD&reltype=latest

"Supplementary AP Bundle Images for Cisco 2504 Series WLC Release 8.5. This bundle is mandatory to support AP802,AP803,AP1530, AP1550 , AP1570 and AP1600.
AIR-CT2500-AP_BUNDLE-K9-8-5-120-0.aes"

It’s not listed for the supplemental image. The 2504 can only support up to v8.5 and will not support v8.6 or later. I would place the AP MAC address in the Mac filter just in case and also on the same vlan as the WLC management.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Experts.
We are currently proposing AP1562E but 2 of them will work in mesh mode,
We have a WLC 5508 with version 8.5.131, within this version of code does it support the configuration of Mesh? Have a Master and the other Access Point take a sign of this?

Anyone know anything about it.

Regards.

Carlos P.

8.5 supports MESH but 8.5.131.0 is not a good firmware.
Upgrade to the latest 8.5.151.0.

Thanks for answering,
If I understand that version 8.5.131 is not recommended. I will update the WLC version to 8.5.151

What we want to do for distance issues to wire an AP 1562E and this is the ROOT and have another AP 1562E take the signal of the AP that is wired. Both have line of sight, we want it to work as a repeater that is wired.

This is possible, the distance between Access Point is approximately 60 meters

Regards

Carlos P.

That is possible if the AP is "matted" with the correct antenna.
WARNING: Cisco's MESH documentation is not "accurate".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: