cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 - feauters of simple client roaming

hatterfix
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using WLC2504 with several 3802i  associated in one wlan ap-group inside a simple LAN network

fw 8.3.112

Trying to understand is there any special settings that could help clients to choose another ap when signal straight becomes lower than -65dbi ?

I see that there is settings like Client Roaming, but it works only for CCX clients.

I have just some smartphones & laptops (lets call them basic clients) and Client Roaming settings doesnt work for them

The only thing that's making some effect is to change tx power level for any of AP's to custom & choose lower level ( like 6)

I know that in most situations only client device decides  when to roam but i also know that other vendors ( like Mikrotik or ubiquiti) has mechanisms ( like based on dbi acls) that forced drops client from ap & after that it roams to ap with signal straight better than -65 dbi

Is there any settings in wlc (for basic roaming & devices) ?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: