cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 single or HA can't find

amit bhatnagar
Level 1
Level 1

I have existing wireless setup which i am trying to understand . As per inventory list in office we should have 2 2504 wireless controller . 

But i see only one WLC connected on network . 

When i login to one of the box I see virtual ip configured 1.1.1.1 . 

No other configration i see which will help me in finding the second WLC . 

If any one can help will be great 

3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,
If it has been properly configured, your APs should have primary and secondary WLCs configured. The easiest way to check is on the WLC itself:

Go to Wireless -> Access Points -> All APs.

Click on an AP. Then select the 'High Availabilty' tab. This should list both of your controllers and the management interface IP which you should be able to connect to.

cheers,
Seb.

hello  Thanks thats really helpful , I see both the controllers there , from initial setup for another site if I have to have 2 WLC can you please advise I need to configure both of them with similar paraments and connect to network if there is a guide for setup will be helpful 

Yes, both WLCs will need similar configurations to give a consistent experience for connecting users.

I'm not sure how much experience you have in configuring these devices, but you should really read the Configuration guide for your relevant release:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

cheers,

Seb.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card