cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 3504 Licensing

Harshad Patil
Level 1
Level 1

I have to order controller 3504 since 2504 is end of sale. I want to install two 3504 controllers in HA which can support 5 Access points.

Which licenses i have to procure? Do i need to purchase license for secondary controller as well or it will inherit from primary on fail-over?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Harshad,

Secondary WLC will inherit the license from the primary controller, So no need to procure license for Both WLC.

Purchase 5 Cisco one license that will suffice your requirement. Ref 3504 Licensing 

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

Thank you!

Do i need to purchase LIC-CT3504-UPG license as well?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Harshad,

Secondary WLC will inherit the license from the primary controller, So no need to procure license for Both WLC.

Purchase 5 Cisco one license that will suffice your requirement. Ref 3504 Licensing 

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Thank you!

Do i need to purchase LIC-CT3504-UPG license as well?

Hi Harshad,

Please ref ordering items on the 3504 Data Sheet

Since you mentioned 5 AP’s, why can’t you go ahead with Mobility Express?, Which is for small scale deployments.

On Mobility Express you don’t need to procure license. One AP you have to procure with ME os and rest have to be with CAPWAP. Even ME os running AP will act as Both controller and Access Point.

But both AP and Mobility Express has to be in the same network.

Just a suggestion, Check it out Mobility Express

Regards,

Thanks Sathiyanarayanan.

I will go through ME

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card