cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4400 and 5500 Fail-over

ceracaza08
Level 1
Level 1

Can we do the same thing with WCL 4400 and 5500 series for failover? We have 1 existing 4400 WLC and we wanted to purchase another 1 for fail-over as well as backup. But right now, 4400 is EOL already. The only option is to have the 5500 WLC.

So if you do have previous set-up like this, so I would need your inputs.. Otherwise, same as usual, will gonna test to work this out.

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can have both in a primary and backup, but make sure they are on the same code version. I'm assuming that you also have the configuration correct for the two wlc to communicate.

I would put them both on the 7.0.220.0.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott, thank you very much for your prompt response. I will keep you posted if I do encounter some issues.

Sounds good.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Just would like to ask some verification from your end. Is NCS a replacement for WCS? or it's just another piece of software that is built from WCS platform?

Just would like to ask some verification from your end. Is NCS a replacement for WCS?

NCS replaces the WCS.

NCS comes in two "flavours":  VMware and appliance

Hi Leo,

Ah.ic..Thanks much for your prompt response...Keep it up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: