cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4404 WLAN - Profile - SSID

scatman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we recently got a 4404 controller and 90 or so 1130 ap's. The corporation i work for use 1 SSID for employees and 1 for guests. With autonomous ap's you could span the employee SSID across multiple VLAN's and multiple buildings. When i try with the WLC it says "WLAN with duplicate SSID's and L2 security policy found" Is it not possible with the WLC. Any help greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the controllers, we can use a feature called "AP Group VLAN". This allows you to specify an SSID and what interface it is attched to, based on the AP location. Link to configure is below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.2/configuration/guide/c42wlan.html#wp1128591

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve

Thanks very much for this I am new to these controllers but have managed to get it working with your help.

Cheers

Simon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: