Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5008: Problem with configured country code

tvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WLC 5008 running with 40 AIR-LAP1042N-E-K9 and country code BE (Belgium) configured.

I also have some AIR-AP1142N-C-K9 which I converted to CAPWAP OS.

Unfortunattely only 1 of the 2 radio interfaces is working because of regulatory reasons.

(the AP's are -C models which stands for China - although they were bought in Belgium too).

Capture.JPG

I tried to activate the country codes for BE and China, but the WLC won't accept both.

Is there a way to get the 2nd radio interface working ?

thanks,

tom

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) I can set up my 5508 without a problem to BE + China country codes. Why is yours rejecting it ?

2) The original problem is that you were sold Chinese APs in Belgium. Contact your reseller and tell him to go lower on the coffee :-)

Hi Nicolas,

Thx for the answer.

To activate the counry codes for BE and China,  I first had to disable all B-g-n networks (meaning all radio interfaces).

Now the 2 country codes are activated, but I can't switch an AP's country code.

(advanced tab -> country code)

I get this error: Error is setting the country code

Any idea ?

Hi,

I solved my problem.

Had to disable all the radio interfaces again on the controller, then change the AP's from country code, then reactivate everything again ...

Very user friendly :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: